So, the big day is getting close. You are looking at your schedule and you start to panic. You have just realised your makeup and hair will finish at 1pm and your car is picking you up at 1pm, sharp. You have exactly zero minute for photos before getting into the car.
Even worse, you have completely forgotten that you need 20 minutes to get into that lace-up gown. But, oh, the car is already here.
Surely every bride can be fashionably late. But anything more than 15 minutes is not fashionable.
Self-inflicting stress on the wedding day is the biggest sin a bride can commit, and it is completely avoidable. Here are some tips to help you plan your day properly, and early.
Steps to plan your wedding day timing
1. What time does the wedding ceremony starts? If this has not been confirmed yet, assume the wedding starts at the earliest possible time. For example, if the choices are 10 am, 12 pm and 2 pm, for planning purposes, assume that it starts at 10 am.
2. What time should your car be picking you up? Let's say your ceremony starts at 10 am, and it usually takes you 45 minutes to get to the venue. You should aim to leave at 9 am. This gives you some extra time to lock the doors, wait for the lift, get into the car. When you are wearing your wedding gown, everything you do takes twice as long.
3. What about time for photos, changing into your outfits, putting on accessories, etc.? The amount of time you need for these things can vary greatly, but they do take time, and they should only be done after your makeup and hair styling is complete. As a general rule, factor in at least 1 hour. So if you are aiming to leave for the ceremony at 9 am, then you should tell your makeup artist and hair stylist that your makeup and hair needs to be completed by 8 am. (We hear you, it is early. So, if you can, avoid that 10 am ceremony time slot!)
4. If you have already booked your photographer and/or videographer, make sure you let them know what time you have booked your makeup and hair.
5. When we know the timing you are aiming to have your makeup and hair done, we will be able to work out what time we need to start. How long it takes will depend on a number of factors, such as the number of people in your bridal party and the number of stylists we have available on that day.
Need some help to plan your wedding day? Talk to us now.